Health Care Assistant
Join our Health Care Assistant Program. Tuition Fee only $2,999 for the first 24 students. Classes start on June 28th, 2019 from Friday to Sunday. Complete your HCA Program while you work.
The Health Care Assistant (HCA) program has been approved by the Registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Government of British Columbia and by BC Care Aide Registry. The HCA Program is designated to provide students with opportunities to develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to function effectively as front-line care-givers, and respected members of the healthcare team, in community and facility settings. Under the direction and supervision of a health professional, graduates provide person-centered care aimed at promoting and maintaining the physical, emotional, cognitive, and social well-being of clients/residents.
- Grade 10 or mature student of 19 years of age or older
- Successful completion of the Language Proficiency Entrance Exam
- Must meet the English language proficiency as set by the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker Registry
The following are to be completed prior to the First Practice Education Experience:
- CPR level “C”.
- Criminal Record Check
- All the online orientation courses required by the Health Authority, including fit testing
Immunization as required by sites of practice education and recommended by BC Centre for Disease Control (2009): diphtheria and tetanus, polio, hepatitis B, measles, mumps and rubella (MMR), varicella, and influenza
- Negative TB skin test or chest x-ray. Students who do not meet the immunization requirements may be prohibited from attending practice education experiences given particular Health Authority, or practice education site organization/agency policy.
Domestic Students: $150
International Students: $200
Domestic Students: $2,999
International Students: $12,000
Lab Fee: $275